Friday, November 21, 2008

California Brick

I don't know why...

but this brick just asked me to take its picture.

There is something so textural and esthetic and full of history in the process of stamping a cool name into a brick and then using the brick for whatever....and then documenting it all by taking a picture of that weathering process.

Brick is the stuff of generations of manmade structures. Both handmade and machine made.

I think it is so cool.

But really, it was just muddy clay once upon a time...no so special. Not in a special place...just laying around in a field. Not so good for anything.


You know, maybe that's what I like...once I was just muddy clay...

but then GOD put His stamp on me and I now go through life expressing those wonderful qualities that GOD placed in me.

Add the weathering effects of time, circumstance, emotion, and wisdom...and I take on the same wonderful patina found in these bricks.

Thank you GOD!

...for your gentle care and mysterious ways in bringing out the best in me. May I bless others as these bricks blessed me today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: