Thursday, October 23, 2008

Do You See Your Calling? VerseVisions Art; Romans 1:1

"Separated unto the Gospel." Romans 1:1

I sometimes get so caught up in trying to be good in the eyes of God. I find myself so preoccupied with my own inner behavior that I lose sight of what God has called me to do first and foremost- proclaim the Gospel.

I justify this by thinking that there is no way that I can be used by God to witness to others until I clean up all of the garbage within myself. The truth is, if I wait until I am personally “holy”, I will never be of any use to God here on earth. God is very interested in reaching and saving His lost children, yet I am more interested in how He can make me more pleasing in my own eyes.

Father God, forgive me for my selfishness and pour into me your passion and urgency to proclaim the Gospel of Salvation through Jesus Christ.

This painting was inspired by the powerful devotions penned and published by Oswald Chambers in the early 1900’s. His powerful book, My Utmost for His Highest, continues to touch my life and draw me closer to Jesus. I hope that this art and verse do the same for you!

Read the devotional from My Utmost For His Highest that inspired this work.

Do You See Your Calling? VerseVisions® Art; Romans 1:1. Mark Lawrence, 2008. Digital mixed media on canvas, 36 x 36 inches. Copyright © 2008 by Mark Lawrence. All Rights Reserved

No comments: